Foolproof Toilet Training Method
The One Thing You Need to Know for Fast, Easy Communication Between your Dog and You.
Do you want your puppy or dog to go outside? On wee wee pads or newspaper? Does your dog go for a long walk with you, and then come inside and pee or poop in the house? You just need to know how to explain it in a method your puppy will understand.
This method shows you how to easily allow your dog to understand where you want it to eliminate. Dogs are really smart, they just think in different ways, they think in pictures rather than words.
The ways dogs think, does NOT include anger, guilt, revenge, or any of the other emotions people project on their sweet natured pets. Dogs only want to do what you want, to be praised and loved. The idea, of peeing out of spite, is not in their frame of reference. They just are confused.
Housebreaking involves lots of ideas and concepts, and information, all good and useful. Please read and learn from all the many resources available.
Here's what you do...
1. Never look or speak to your dog for this method.
2. TALK TO THE PEE PEE AND POO POO!
3. When the doody is on the floor, tell it harshly, it is BAD POO (or whatever your favorite term is).
Use a harsh loud voice. Bend down and point and look directly at the accident and YELL AT THE ACCIDENT! NOT THE DOG.
4. Use the same word for urine and excrement every time. You are teaching your dog a new word, be consistent.
5. Pick up the elimination from the wrong place (bad poo) and place in the spot you want your dog to use. Then praise the POOP! GOOD POOPY! Point and look at the elimination itself and with a high,
silly happy voice, say GOOD DOO DOO!
6. Remember, don't look or speak directly at your dog. Quickly your dog will start to understand, you are angry or happy with the Poop, and not him/her. Then it is easy for him/her to figure out what you want and what makes you happy. Most of all, you are not confusing your dog. He's a good dog, it's the poop that is the problem.
7. Do this same thing every time your dog wees or poops at THE HAPPY SPOT, where Mom or Dad get all silly and make a big deal out of a bowl movement. Try a corner of the yard or a tree, but if this doesn't work, no big deal, the Happy Spot can be the great outdoors or your designated training pad.
8. When house breaking is accomplished, and for the rest of your dog's life, be sure to praise him or her for going in the right place. This is just a bolstering compliment to your canine and can be delivered directly with a nod, a pet, and a blink. A blink is like a kiss to your good dog.
9. Don't expect a puppy under 3 months to hold it, but if you start communicating with this simple method, they will know what you want faster than you ever imagined. It just makes sense... to them! (If your dog was house broken and suddenly has accidents, especially older dogs, they should be checked by a veterinarian to rule out bladder infections, diabetes, kidney disease, etc.)
10. That's all there is to it. Bring some rewards with you, your results will be even faster. Carrying food rewards also keep your pet pup from pulling during his walk, all his attention will be on you. Then, when nature calls... REWARD!
I hope this helps you understand how to explain house breaking to your dog so he/she will understand. Please give it at least a week and be consistent and patient.